Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Night Open Mic at the Liquid Zoo!

Every Tuesday my daughter Anna and I try to hit the Open Mic at The Liquid Zoo on Abrams Road in North Dallas.  It is hosted by my good friend Linda Stone and her husband Gerald (on sound).  You can see Anna and I performing a Frank Turner song in the picture I posted with this article.  Tonight we also had fantastic help from Jack, a new friend who plays a great country - blues harp player.  

The amazing thing about a good open mic is exactly what happened tonight.  Everybody gets three songs to play and when our turn came to play, Jack was sitting up on the stage from the previous group.  He asked if I was interested in him playing some harp with us and I said "yes", because I knew he was a good player.

Well, he was great!   In fact, we played one new song, a new Frank Turner song and he aced the solo as if he'd played it a hundred times.  Not only that, but I had told him the song was in D#, (with a capo on the first fret.  However, the song was actually in G#, a fact I confused because it was our first time playing the song live.  Jack didn't miss a beat, grabbed the right harp from his belt and picked right up.  It was great!

Next Tuesday why don't you come down and check out some great live unplugged music, have a good cold beer and maybe a grilled cheese or a burger.  My favorite waitress, the one and only Tracy will take very good care of you.  Look for me, JohnnyO, my daughter Anna, Jack, Linda, Daniel, Steve, Artimus, Pam, Robert, Tracy and a bunch of other friends as we give it our best, just for the love of the music.

Rock On Friends and Live Free or Die!

JohnnyOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment